Total access, control and protection of Office 365 data
Microsoft provides a wide array of powerful services within Office 365 — but a comprehensive backup of your Office 365 data is not one of them.
Veeam® Backup for Microsoft Office 365 eliminates the risk of losing access and control over your Office 365 data, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams — so that your data is always protected and accessible.
With Office 365, it’s your data
Microsoft Office 365 enables your enterprise to work anywhere, anytime without the need to host your own email, files and content management infrastructure. Even though Microsoft hosts the infrastructure, this doesn’t replace your responsibility of maintaining a backup of your business-critical Office 365 data.
With Office 365, it’s your data — you control it — and it is your responsibility to protect it.
With Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, you can:
Protect your Office 365 data from accidental deletion, security threats and retention policy gaps
Quickly restore individual Office 365 items and files with industry-leading recovery flexibility
Meet legal and compliance requirements with efficient eDiscovery of Office 365 backup items
What’s new in version 4
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v4 delivers a cloud-optimized deployment option specifically for cloud-first companies, where you can leverage cost-efficient object storage to store your Office 365 data — including AWS S3, Azure Blob, IBM Cloud and S3-compatible providers — and:
Reduce costs with object storage and only pay for what you consume
Leverage unlimited scalability with unlimited storage capacity
Simplify deployment in the public cloud with no complex planning
Version 4 also includes added security with at-rest encryption for data in object storage and faster backup performance for SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and more!
Efficiently scale and minimize overhead
Unmatched scalability with a multi-repository, multi-tenant architecture, and comprehensive automation with full PowerShell and RESTful API support, as well as self-service restore for service provider’s customers
Meet security and compliance requirements
Security and compliance concerns are big drivers for the need to back up Office 365:
• Store data based on long-term retention policies for regulatory or compliance needs
• Ensure you recover exactly what you need — no more, no less — with granular advanced search and find functionality
• Increase security for Office 365 backup data with multi-factor authentication
Manage hybrid Office 365 environments
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 also allows you to protect hybrid email and SharePoint deployments, as well as migrate mailbox data between on-premises Exchange and Office 365.
Never settle for less than reliable, granular restore of Office 365 email items, SharePoint sites, documents, libraries and lists, as well as OneDrive for Business accounts, files and folders in a few simple clicks:
• Quick search and granular recovery of individual objects — including Microsoft Teams data — residing in a protected copy of your Office 365 backup
• Direct restore of Office 365 items through an industry-leading number of ways, giving you ultimate restore flexibility
• Retrieve Office 365 Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams data from a cloud-based Instance of Office 365 and uniquely back up your data weekly, daily or as often as every five minutes in Microsoft’s native format — an archive database based on Extensible Storage Engine (ESE), also known as the Jet Blue database
• Back up Exchange and SharePoint on premises, reducing the impact to your data center and allowing YOU to set the frequency and timing of your backups
• Store backups in the location of your choice — including on premises, in a hyperscale public cloud (i.e., Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services) or with a local service provider
• Protect data posted and shared with Microsoft Teams chats, files and sites, as Teams data is journaled into Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
Without an easily accessible copy of your data, retrieving emails for regulatory or compliance reasons can be costly, time-consuming and a major disruption to your business.
With Veeam, you can leverage the familiar advanced search capabilities and the flexible recovery and export options to perform eDiscovery on Office 365 data — just as easily as you would with a traditional on-premises data backup
For more details