The project was designed to quickly answer the growing demands of Energom.
“The BRINEL team showed experience and expertise in planning, configuring and implementing customized, non-standard functionalities. Practically all of the elements within the Energom informatics infrastructure consolidation project have answered our business needs. The collaboration between members of our teams, as well as the availability and the security of our services has improved significantly”.
Alin Zăpârțan, Business Unit Manager, Integration Division – Energom
A 100% French company, part of the Gonzales Group, founded in 2002, with headquarters in Cluj-Napoca, Energom has 17 years of experience in integrating electrical panels and electromechanical equipment: conveyors, test benches and special machines.
Since its foundation, Energom has constantly grown, reaching in 2018 a number of over 140 employees in 2018 and a turnover of over 46 million lei, and the IT infrastructure was in need of an upgrade to the current volume of activity requirements, but also in accordance with the development potential on medium and long term.
Due to the informatics infrastructure consolidation project, through the implementation of new hardware and software by a technological partner capable of offering solutions fit to specific needs, Energom has built a solid base for reaching the planned business objectives.
The initial situation
The retrofitting plan targeted the removal of several shortcomings:
• Physically and morally worn-out servers, that could at any time affect or even block the company’s activity
• The data storage solution no longer met the security requirements – the storage system was used to its full capacity and had functionality limitations (difficulty in managing user access to shared data).
• Energom employees were facing difficulties in using the IT services (different accounts and passwords for computers, e-mail, shared documents, wireless)
• The e-mail service was located in the Managed Service Provider (MSP) data centre and administrated by it
• The safety of the saved data was uncertain. The digital data was saved in a semi-automated manner, without the possibility of fast recovery
The solution provided by BRINEL and the gained benefits
The project implemented by BRINEL at Energom involved the integration of technologies from various vendors so that the result totally covered the needs of the client. Furthermore, regarding the cost optimisation of the retrofitting plan, the specialists have taken into account using some of the existing Energom resources.
Some of the gained benefits are:
• The availability of the informatics services provided by a virtual environment, built on HPE servers and VMware software
• Backups for the servers from the client data centre were provided using Veeam solutions.
• Convergence to regulations regarding data protection and the visibility of the events concerning the functioning of the e-mail service were ensured by migrating e-mail boxes from Exchange Server (the collocated data centre of Energom) to Office 365 and purchasing Advanced Threat Protection licences.
• The digital data used in the business process have been migrated from the existing storage to a new, customized system according to requirements specific to Energom. The system was created using Scripting Powershell and Fileserver integrated with Active Directory, and the migration made it much easier to use the accounts.
• The users of the Energom IT infrastructures have Single Sign-On (SSO) for accessing the computers, shared documents and Office 365 resources (e-mail, Teams, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint).