"The solution offered by BRINEL (Microsoft Dynamics ™ NAV) basically helped us to increase the efficiency for planning, control and tracking of production by reducing work hours and by a rigorous organization of activities, which led to streamline the entire production process.".
Cristian ANI - IT Manager, Farmec
With over 400 products in its portfolio and more than 600 employees, Farmec SA is one of the largest manufacturers and retailers of cosmetics and household products from Romania and South-Eastern Europe. Besides its own products, it also sells non-Farmec products through its own shops network and commercial offices in 14 locations across the country. Moreover, 10% of the company’s turnover represents its exports.
A portfolio of approximately 400 types of products implies a considerable effort in supplying and tracking the manufacturing processes. In the first phase, Farmec resorted to upgrade the computing infrastructures order to improve the activity. Some applications were implemented only to certain departments. Over time, the number had reached 13 and, by being built on different platforms, with offline integration. Production process was semi-automatic, which caused difficulties.
As the market has evolved and became more competitive, Farmec wanted to optimize the business practices and modernize information system. The company sought to acquire an integrated management solution to meet increasingly stringent requirements regarding to production organization. This optimization should have to allow Farmec to offer its customers a high quality service and at the same time to establish a solid base to benefit from technological improvements.
After a careful analysis, the selected solution was based on Microsoft Dynamics ™ NAV, customized by BRINEL that answered all the specific requirements of manufacturing companies. The proposal made by BRINEL solved the problem of integrating all business divisions into a unified and functional solution, designed to plan and track more efficiently all the organization activities through financial and physical resources.
The project started in April 2005, entered to the stage Go Live in April 2006 and its final acceptance was in January 2007.
The following modules were implemented as part of the project: Finance, Accounting, sales, purchasing, CRM, Manufacturing, all integrated into one unified solution. The actual implementation process took about six months and began integrating critical areas (financial accounting); and continued with the implementation of other modules in the solution.
Benefits after the implementation:
• Due to the planning and reorganization of production, the stock was reduced with 20%;
• Manufacturing methods and processes can be changed and implemented "on the way";
• The solution provides a high capacity for responding to unexpected changes
• Stocks can be viewed in real time, online and from any location. Non-moving stocks of raw materials and packages were reduced by 40%
• Due to stock records removal (completion and accounting) the time spent working with documents decrease by 20%
• Production can be better estimated and planned due to the transition from the direct costs system to the system of standard costs
• The application allows a real time pricing policy
• Farmec achieved savings of 20% for the materials acquisition
• The systems allows invoicing at the client’s location; it also allows bonuses in various forms.